This is the history of the Saint-Pierre district from bordeaux
The history of Saint-Pierre begins to Roman times, when Bordeaux was just a port ... The old harbor was filled in the twelfth century.
The docks were deferred to the south, at the mouth of another Estey. In 1832, they discovered in the St. Peter's Square, a statue of Hercules, bronze, which was to decorate the entrance to the harbor then fitted to the mouth of a Estey. This statue is now one of the finest pieces in the museum of Aquitaine.
In the eighteenth century the area was cleared by dropping the medieval wall. The Place de la Bourse and the Rue Royale (rue Fernand Philipart) were appointed as the Market Place Royal (Parliament Square).
Today the neighborhood is the favored place for people wanting to make a restaurant or a drink in the evening.
HISTORICAL- Bordeaux General History
CULTURE- Patrimony Day